Saturday, January 2, 2010

Looking back on OUR decade



So as we spent the very low-key night bringing in the new year, Jesse stated, "We met 10 years ago....this was OUR decade!" :) Very true honey. And what a decade it was!

Some of the highlights include:

Meeting on a cold December day
Our first date to see Toy Story 2....and then Jesse's car breaking down. :)
Asking me out in espanol!
Dating which includes:
Prom in the decked out Uhaul
The next year flying to Chicago before the prom
Repelling
the boat...that did NOT float
really LONG phone conversations
picnics in the field
high school marching band practices
pep band games
Roses in my locker
Letters to one another
QH family camp every year
Jesse's family becoming my own
Graduating from High School
Jesse going to college...I joined him two years later
Jesse helping through that first year at UIndy
Jesse spending a month in Mexico
Meeting my biological dad
The proposal!
The RA and RD years at UIndy
Getting Eli, our puppy
THE WEDDING!!! <3
The honeymoon!!! :)
Graduating from college as Jesse graduated from Grad school :)
Moving to St. Louis
Getting pregnant!
Jesse getting his first post-grad job!
Going to social work classes at Wash. U.
Finding our church, The Journey
Meeting incredible people from the Malone/Stark community group
HAVING LEE!
Buying an apartment building
Buying a car....while saying goodbye to my beloved Saturn! :(
All of Lee's "first's"
first words
eating baby food, then real food
walking before crawling
first time we knew he understood us (we asked him if he was ready for a bath)
first and second Christmas
Lee's FIRST birthday
Going to South Africa!
Graduating from Wash. U.
Getting my first post-graduate job
Jesse going BACK to school....I don't think he will ever stop :)
Lee's baby dedication
Jesse's first promotion
and many more I can not think of right this minute

It's been a really great last 10 years! It, mostly, flew by. I'm amazed with everything that has happened in this short amount of time. But most of all,

I can NOT wait for the next 10 years!
Happy New Year!


3 comments:

evie said...

congrats on 10 years! you guys have some amazing memories!

evie said...

"ahem" :)

Jesse and Kristin Moore said...

hahaha! you are too funny Evie! I am hoping to get some blog time in early next month! I can't wait to join you moms! :D